Here is a taste of the activities for the day:
- Kids corner and discovery centre- Get a "tatoo" moko, colouring pages and other fun, storytimes, Pukaha rock painting, kiwi art workshops and more.
- Rangitane 'o' Wairarapa workshops- Waka-ama carving, Tuna weaving, Kowhaiwhai window art-A gift to Pukaha.
- Free Guided Tours by the Pukaha rangers on the hour every hour.
- Join a workshop on native seed harvesting or predator control & trapping
- Enjoy The Department of Conservations koha sausage sizzle
- Shop for nature inspired crafts from local producers
- Learn about the forest & wildlife and how we protect it
- Become a member - the first 50 new members will recieve a free gift!
With support from the Masterton District Council a FREE bus to the event will leave the Tranzit, Masterton station at 9:30 am and return from Pukaha at 12:30 pm. Contact the council here with your name, contact number and confirmed number of passengers.